Bereishit Genesis / Bereishit 1:1-6:8
Serpent (Nature’s Nosh) (Genesis / Bereishit 3:1-14)
|א וְהַנָּחָשׁ, הָיָה עָרוּם, מִכֹּל חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶה, אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים;||1 The serpent was sneakier than any beast of the field which God had made.|
|יד וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים אֶל-הַנָּחָשׁ, כִּי עָשִׂיתָ זֹּאת, אָרוּר אַתָּה מִכָּל-הַבְּהֵמָה, וּמִכֹּל חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶה; עַל-גְּחֹנְךָ תֵלֵךְ, וְעָפָר תֹּאכַל כָּל-יְמֵי חַיֶּיךָ.||14 And God said to the serpent: ‘Because you have done this, you are cursed from among all cattle, and from among all beasts of the field; you will go upon your belly, and eat dust all the days of your life.|
Ingredients (per snack, as shown):
- 2 yellow mini peppers
- 1 red mini pepper (a single red pepper can be used for two snacks)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- 1 toothpick
- Cut a sliver of the red pepper to make the tongue. Slit narrow end as shown.
- Slit the tip of one yellow or orange mini pepper to make a mouth and allow a “tongue” to be inserted. This is now the “head.”
- Cut the fat end of the second yellow mini pepper to allow the pepper to stand and form the end of the tail, as shown in final picture.
- Insert the toothpick into the head to support the eyes.
- Insert the fat end of tongue into mouth.
- Cut one black olive in half and slide onto either end of the toothpick to make eyes.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes and black olives as desired to make the body of the serpent.
- Place the second mini pepper at the end to make a tail.