Mikeitz Genesis / Bereishit 41:1-44:17
|א וַיְהִי… וּפַרְעֹה חֹלֵם, ….||1 And … Pharaoh dreamed….|
- Gingerbread man
- Yellow fruit leather
- Blue fruit leather or sour straws
- Black licorice, black jelly bean, or mini chocolate chips to make eyes
- Red fruit leather or red jellybean to make mouth
- Large marshmallow
- 2 graham crackers (optional: only if making bed)
- Powdered sugar
- Small bowl to make sugar glue
- If making a bed, cut or snap one of the graham crackers in half, and cut or snap one of those halves in half (to make ¼ of a graham cracker)
- Cut blue fruit leather or sour straws into thin strips
- If using black licorice, cut two tiny pieces to make eyes.
- Cut a tiny piece of red fruit leather or jelly bean to make a mouth.
- Cut a large marshmallow into slices about ¼” thick to make a pillow
- Mix water into powdered sugar to make a thick glue.
- If making a bed, use thick sugar glue to put bed together. Best to make it on its side, prop it up, and then let it dry. Alternatively, use only one graham cracker as a bed directly on the plate.
- Wrap yellow fruit leather around gingerbread man’s head to form headdress, as shown. Press in blue strips.
- Attach eyes by pressing stick sides of jelly beans or using sugar glue to attach.
- Add mouth by pressing in sticky side of jelly bean strips or red fruit leather.
- Paint skirt onto Pharoh using thick sugar glue.
- Place pillow onto bed (or plate).
- Put Pharoh comfortably on pillow.